Handmade wine-making process. 1694, 100% Albariño, from our vineyards in Val do Miño. 13-year-old vines but with great capacity for expression. Mineral and complex wine.
Shipping cost: Galicia 6€ , Spain 8€. For other destinations consult us.
Optional wooden box for 6 units
Minimun order 3 bottles.
- Location of the vineyards: The “La Diestral” vineyard is located in the Consello de Coles, town of Ferreiros, in the province of Ourense in Galicia, Spain. It is located on a hillside at 250 meters. Sunny and 1.8 hectares of which 0.8 are from Albariño. The river Miño is about 2 kilometers away.
- Viticulture: Trellised vineyard, with 13 year old vines. Organic soil. Use of natural compost. Worked on biodynamics
- Elaboration: 2020 is the first vintage. The characteristics of the soil (granite) and the climatological ones (rainy spring, as well as the beginning of summer) have resulted in a very low yield. 1,400 kg were collected. Manual harvest. Selection of grapes in the vineyard and in the winery. Destemmed grape. Maceration of skins, 3 days in stainless tanks with cold temperature control. Low extractive pressing, slow fermentation under controlled temperature. Aged in 500 L barrels, American and French, of 2-3 wines, for 6 months, with their own fine lees. Not subjected to filtering or clarification, so we have a totally natural wine.
- Grades: 13
- Variety: Albariño 100%. Mineral and complex. We seek an expression of the vineyard through our 1694 wines.
- Harvest date: September 1, 2020