Handmade wine-making process. Amarok, 100% Mencía, from our Val do Miño vineyard.
Price per bottle 11€ | Pack 3 bottles 33€ | Pack 6 bottles 66€
Shipping cost: Galicia 6€ , Spain 8€. For other destinations consult us.
Optional wooden box for 6 units
Minimun order 3 bottles.
/// Amarok. It is the name of our Mencía grape variety, and we have been inspired by one of the sculptures that preside over the roof of the Church of Santo Eustebio de Peroxa, in Ferreiros. In Inuit mythology (Canada, Alaska) the Amarok represents the spirit of a gigantic wolf. In our church it represents evil and is located under another sculpture that represents a lamb, as a symbol of good
- Location of the vineyards: All the grapes come from vineyards located in the Concello de Coles, in the province of Ourense in Galicia, Spain, facing South and West. Some of the vines have granitic soil and others slate, in both cases the depth being 50 to 100 centimeters. The altitude is between 200 and 250 meters.
- Viticulture: Trellis vineyard, with 40 year old vines. Use of natural compost. Worked in ecological. Wine’s village, from various plots.
- Elaboration: 2020 is the first vintage. The characteristics of the soil (granite and slate) and the climatological characteristics (rainy spring, even at the beginning of summer) have resulted in a very low yield. Manual harvest. Selection of grapes in the vineyard and in the winery. Destemmed grapes. Native yeasts. Fermentation for 15 to 20 days in stainless steel tanks of 5,000 litters with cold temperature control. Aging in 400 and 500 L French oak barrels for 4 months. Neither filtered nor clarified, so we have a totally natural wine.
- Degrees: 13 % vol alc
- Variety: Mencía 100%
- IGP Val do Miño. This Protected Geographical Identification regulates the production of grapes from different places in the Miño Valley. Specifically, we are in Ferreiros-Coles, in a unique enclave a short distance from the banks of the Miño river and being adjacent to the Ribeira Sacra
- Harvest date: 1st - 15 th September 2020
- Bottles: 6400.
There are no reviews yet.